Sunday, February 10, 2008

Love my Life

So, a couple of things I learned today.... or rather, times when a light went on in my head. And what do you know.... both times were at church.
The teacher in Relief Society said something like this "I don't think that Jesus would care that I haven't swept my kitchen floor in three days because I read to my daughter all afternoon." She talked about how she uses her energy to spend real, quality time with her kids rather than doing all of the "jobs" that don't really matter.... her words " I know that if I use all my energy to clean, then I will not be able to handle my two year old all afternoon" That's when the light went on. Oh, so that's how that works. I've always known that dishes and laundry take time away from the kids but the energy... seriously, I had never thought about that. I am going to start using my energy (and there isn't much these days) doing things that really matter. No more of this, "yes, kids, after I'm done the kitchen" because by then, I'm tired and they end up in front of the T.V. Move over Barbie, here comes Mom!
Second thing, in Sunday School a sweet old lady said "you know the song goes... as I have loved you, love one another". And in my head I thought (second light going on) "as He loves me, whoa, that's alot... I've felt how much He loves me". That is how much I should be loving everyone else... everyone.

Oh, and one tid-bit of funny from the kids... Kami and Paige walk into the room. Paige is crying and Kami is looking innocent. Kami says "mom, I don't think anyone hit her."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had one of those at church yesturday too!