Monday, March 31, 2008

fortune teller

Dan and I went on a date! on Friday night! ... a real date, just us, no kids. I know, shocking right? The babysitter we had was amazing and the kids loved her... she will be coming again, hopefully soon. Such a cute girl, and she had somehow made it so that you could see the carpet in the girls room, shocker!

The food was so good, and so expensive. We tried to justify our spending with comments like "we hardly ever go out on dates" and "we really needed to do this before the baby comes".

My fortune cookie did not help the guilt when it told me "Adjust finances - make budgets, to improve your financial standing" ... oops!

But then Dan's helped out "Success will be yours at home and in business in the next month" Woo hoo! We really felt better about our date. What a great fortune.


Life has been busy as usual. The kids had last week off of school for Easter break and spent the entire week outside, mostly on the new swingset that can be found in our backyard! We saw Dan's bro, Jeff and his adorable family who came from Manitoba for a visit, made curtains for Ty's room, painted the baby's bedroom and got to see our baby at another ultrasound. It looked HUGE! ... she even printed out a picture of the baby's face which is really cool in a creepy sort of way.
Only two more things, I promise.... my sweet nephew and his Grandma were in a rollover tonight. They both seem fine with some bumps and bruises and sore bodies but are pretty shaken up. This is the second car accident in a year for this poor little 6 year old and he was just starting to get over the first one. If you could add him into your prayers I would be so grateful.

Second, DO NOT EVER let your kids eat hard candy. This is something that I have become quite relaxed with over the years as my kids have gotten older. Chelsey is 6! and choked badly on a mint on Sunday... freaked me out! We were so lucky that she was able to quickly gag it up. But let me tell you, it scared me and her... badly.

Stay tuned... big news coming.... maybe tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay what big news, you left us hanging no fair!so nice to see the babys face.

Anonymous said...

Good story. I love how you say things. You really think about what you want to say. I wish I could put all my grandkids in a bubble and protect them. I guess that's not what it's all about though.We have to have faith. RIGHT! Love ya lots. Excited about the news tomorrow! Mom

ec said...

horray!

i've been waiting for an update.

i love your fortunes...so funny!

you guys are always in our thoughts, and prayers!

i can't believe #5 will be making it's appearance soon. exciting!