...call for advice from friends. What I need to know is anything and everything that may put me into labour. I'm talkin' about all of those old wives tales... you know castor oil, raspberry leaf tea, those kind of things. But I want to know about the ones that worked for YOU! ... and possibly could work for me :)
This is a good time for all of you who don't normally comment to do so ... please.
11 comments:
Don't you still have a few weeks to go? I've got a couple. The castor oil worked for me, but gives you terrible cramps if it doesn't. My midwife for Rob suggested a couple, but I'm almost embarrassed to put them on here. They were: sex (maybe I was weird, but really, at 9 months??) and nipple stimulation (takes lots and lots, and can cause very strong contractions). There, now my cheeks are bright red. I didn't try either, because my babies always came early, but if you're desperate, they may work.
haha i was induced sooo not sure, let me know what works! Oh i tried castor oil, i was sitting on the tolet and puking into the tub for 6 hours, and it still did nothing for me, but i know ppl that it worked well.
i've done it all.
seriously.
none of it works for me. so no words of wisdom from this mama, whose gestational period just happens to be 41 weeks ... dang it.
good luck!
LOL Its almost over...for me I sat in bed straight up crossed legged shifting my hips from side to side and sure enough Nathan came 24 hrs later(but I was just over 38 weeks so I dont know if this did help but I like to think it did LOL) Well any way Good Luck and it will be soon Im sure!
Walking worked for me. But it had to be 2 hours at least, anything less and it didn't count. It also had to be 5 consecutive days. Seriously, worked both times. Good luck! Is it still scary when it is # 5?
Hey!!
Maybe you've already had your baby by now. I usually don't check anyone's blogs, but wanted to see if you'd had your baby yet. Anyway, yeah isn't your baby due mid/end of May? AND don't you usually have them early? Levi was 11 days overdue, at the end of a hot summer, and I was induced, so no words of advice from me. Good luck! And I want to take pics!! (Jill)
Hey Andrea, Good luck is all I can say! You have WAY more experience at this than I do but when I was overdue and wanting my baby out I did try everything I could think of or read about online except castor oil--horseback riding, biking, walking, eating really hot hot sauce, pineapple, tried the whole sex advice--absolutely nothing helped me and I had to be induced.....so I hope something works for you to get that baby out when you want it. I'm excited for you. By the way this Dawna Jensen (was Fredriksen). I love your blog. Congrats on your fifth baby and I hope labor is as quick and painless as possible. Talk to you later.
I think what works for some people doesn't for others, but the doctor did tell me the same thing that vanessa posted. The other thing that someone told me was pineapple, which I ate tons of but can't say if it worked or not. Walking is also awesome because it gets things loosened up. Good luck and keep us posted.
hey girl.
have you had that baby yet?
this is erin, on darren's laptop, by the way.
Hey it would be way less stressful for me if you waited until tuesday when I will be off work for awhile Sorry Love ya Mom
Hey i didnt know you had a blog.. and i didnt even know you were so close to expecting..
well so far no advice that others havents suggested..
Well actually i vaccumed ALOT.. we were managers for our apartment building and so i vaccumed 3 flights.. the next day my water broke.. so i guess if you feel like Vaccuming a lot, try that. hahah
Anyways look forward to reading your blog and seeing your new baby.. hopefully SOON!
Post a Comment