Tuesday, June 24, 2008

a bit of disappointment

I am a little bit afraid to publish this post. I think I may feel comment wrath because of it. So I'll just get it over with. I finished THE book and I have to admit... totally disappointed! You know what book I'm talking about, the one that everyone is raving about. I'll admit "Edward and crew" to be quite interesting (in a totally non-believable way.... is that possible?) but in terms of writing style and plot, well, I don't want to be rude....
I am now "on the hunt" (sans lightning speed or snarling) for a decent book to read. I'm looking for something with a character with a real mystery, Jay Gatsby perhaps? Somebody who doesn't sparkle in the sunlight......

4 comments:

ec said...

i agree about writing style. not that great, but something about those books just grabbed me.

i'll let you know if i think of any gooders;)

missLaura said...

I'm with you Andy. I couldn't read the third one because of similar reasons.

stone's eye view said...

I hate it when you look forward to something, only to be disappointed.

jessk said...

What about his "sweet" breath. That was the thing that bothered me. The only people I know with sweet breath are diabetics when they are having blood sugar issues. Now there is a book, Diabetic Vampires-How They Cope. I could make millions. I agree that they aren't the most well written boooks, but they were fluffy and distracting, so I enjoyed them.