Friday, September 5, 2008

flashback friday




This is Natalie's hair. It dries like this out of the tub. The more we try to wet it down, the more hair stands up when it dries. Mohawks are in style.... aren't they?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Summer went by quickly as usual. We were able to take a few trips but also had a lot of fun around the house.

One drizzly Saturday afternoon the kids were looking for something to do. I had the sewing machine out to fix some of Dan's shorts and some jammies for Chels. The kids were digging through the scraps of materials deciding what they would sew. So I thought, why not?

Ty was really into it. He did a great job of sewing a straight line on the straps for his project.
Chelsey made a sleeping bag and pillow for her Barbie. Pardon me, her Bratz (?!) Is there a difference other than the big head thing?
Kami's project didn't take her long (which was just right for her) She used one of the legs of her favorite pair of jeans (now cut-off shorts) and some leftover tabs from her bedroom curtains to make a purse.

Ty ended up making a bag which he decided to give to Dan "for him to take his lunch to work in". It's great... Dan carries all of his things (cell phone, notes, lunch, etc.) I haven't the heart to tell him it's essentially a purse.... he calls it his man-bag.

My parents kept Kami and Paige overnight so that Dan and I could take just Ty and Chels (and Nat) to Calaway. We sure missed the little girls but we also had a blast being able to do the big kid rides without hauling too many babies around.
Ty was big enough for the roller coaster this year. He loved it. (That's them on the last car.)


Chels unfortunately was not. She was pretty upset about being short. Thank goodness for the treats we found close by. Nothing dries tears like mini-donuts.Natalie was so good. She did some of this.....and a lot of this....These were way too good. We splurged for them.... twice....
We met my parents, Kami, and Paige in Drumheller the next day. Dan's face in this shot pretty much sums that one up.....


The kids enjoyed the museum for about .... five minutes. But it was packed, and hot, and we were all tired. Maybe we'll visit again in a few years.
However, there was a spray park in town that was a blast.

++++++++++++++++

Well, we have one week of school down, the kids have a lot of friends in their classes so they are happy, and I didn't have to leave anyone in tears so I am happy. They enjoyed their first day so much they told me they wanted to sleep at school. I hope the enthusiasm lasts. I keep telling Ty and friends that I'll have to talk to their teacher if she doesn't send them home with some homework soon. They think I'm quite hilarious..... it's so easy sometimes!


Kami said to me today ( standing with Natalie precariously propped up on her hip) "mom, are you crazy about this?!"
Apparently, I say "I'm not crazy about that" too often.

++++++++++++++++

Even though this is the longest post ever... I cannot leave this one out. I have secretly always wanted a baby who sucked her thumb.



Some say I might not think it's as ridiculously cute in the future, but for right now I love it .... I'll worry about it when she's four.....or eight.... or when the dentist tells me to.

5 comments:

missLaura said...

So cute Andy. I love Nat's hair and that she sucks her thumb. It just looks so comforting.
Miss you and your fabulous family!

ec said...

halle totally had hair like that ... not quite as much as nat on the sides, but definitely the hawk. love it.

and all the kids are looking so big. and ty ... what a handsome boy. love the one of him and chels ready for their first day of school. gorgeous kids andy!

stone's eye view said...

This is close to something I read from the baby whisperer:

"My kids sucked their thumbs, and my neighbour's kids didn't, and they ALL ended up in braces."

Tiffany said...

Darling post Andy, it looks like you had a very fun filled summer like most of us. I can't believe you are old enough to have two kiddos in school. I still feel so young, it's crazy we have kids ! I love how you love your little sweety sucking her thumb, I totally wouldn't worry about the whole teeth/dentist thing....it's all fixable. Enjoy her while she's still little.

Anonymous said...

My heart runs over with pride at what a good mother you are. It just seems to come so naturally for you. Keep up the good work.Love from Mom