Monday, September 15, 2008

one of those days

..... you know the ones... where you are busy all day but when you snuggle your quilt at midnight you wonder if you actually accomplished anything....

While I was tidying up today I found the missing dice from the Yahtzee Jr. game. I figured I'd put it away before it got lost again and found the game in the game closet.... underneath Guess Who, which was under Boggle Jr., which was under Memory. You get my drift.

So rather than taking the time to move the other games, I shimmied up the lid of Yahtzee just enough, and when the dice popped in, the other games came a tumbling down.... and that's about how the rest of my day went.

I decided I'd break up the mish mash of games on my closet floor. It was like this "hey, remember Alfreid? No, no, it's spelled like this ALFRED. Do you have blue eyes? or brown? Yes or No. I can't remember"... all mixed together on the floor.

Kami and I decided to play the games before we put them away. Have you ever played Yahtzee with a four year old?! 3 shakes, yeah right. How about we just shake the dice as many times as we need to to get five! matching! dice!

Needless to say, I'm tired of being the Hasbro loser and have learned a valuable lesson.... "if you do something properly the first time, it might save you time in the long run"....

..... wait a minute... haven't I heard that before? possibly out of my very own mouth?!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Chelsey announces tonight after supper "I'm going to my room and I'm slamming my door!"
.... thanks for the warning, Chels

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

LOL love it, the Chelsey bit that is. Sounds just like Ellie, except today it was the primary door about as loud as she possibly could. I'm sure my face was a nice shade of red when I went back in. I vote there has got to be an easier way to store games, cuz the boxes always get wrecked no matter how hard I try to protect them. When I dream up a method i'll let you in on my insanity.