Thursday, November 20, 2008

I was going to blog about....

....how the other night on my way home from a meeting I was stopped at a red light. It was late. It was dark. There were a couple of guys standing on the corner waiting to cross... my hand instinctively hit the button to lock my van doors. They were all dressed in black, and were wearing black toques. As they started to cross I noticed something shiny on their chest.... missionary tags. I breathed a sigh of relief and thought about how young missionaries really are and how amazing it is that they give two years of their lives to spread the gospel. I thought about how they used to seem so old and now they seem so young.... weird.

...and about how everytime I look at Natty I wonder where my newborn baby went. I swear she just got here... has it really been 6 months?!

I was going to say how proud I was of my kids at parent/teacher interviews tonight. Chelsey soars above grade average and Ty does great too.... and loves to be there. It was nice to hear other people tell me that my kids are smart, well-behaved, and use their manners. I was beginning to wonder... sometimes it's just nice to hear.

I wanted to tell you that I think the guy who plays Edward is ugly... there, I said it.

I want to remember dancing to the tunes blasting from the keyboard today. Kami pretended to play while Paige and I busted a move on (and off) the bed. Paige continued to dance all evening... so dang cute. She shuffles her feet and sways her hips....

I thought of writing about how I've been dedicated to going to the gym.... for the first time in my life. I'd love to say that I love it and I feel great. But I don't. I hate it and it seems like everyday a different part of my body hurts. But I go... and I'm glad that I go. I'm hoping this is the start of a lifelong relationship with working out and staying fit. Plus, I got some cool, new shoes to wear there.

I will say that I'm excited for Christmas.... we invested in a new T.V. stand to keep our Christmas present safe. Is that a hint for you? I'm very excited "for the kids". I think we might stay home this year for the first time... glad, and sad about that. I'm attempting to make quilted stockings for my family this year... that's 7, seven stockings, ugh. (I sigh, but really, I love it).

I was going to blog about all of those things but I just cannot find the time to say them how I really want to... so there they are, just how they come... straight from my brain.... straight from my heart.

6 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

I couldn't agree with you more...the movie Edward IS UGLY!! Are you going to the movie? Are you dragging Dan with you? Not what I pictured in my head AT ALL! That it awesome your kids are doing so well in school. Have fun making your stockings...post pics when you get them done.

Rayanna Hogg said...

Me too... Edward is so NOT good looking in the movie!! Definitely not what I pictured at all. You are too amazing... 7 stockings! Go girl!

missLaura said...

I hate working out too Andy. I try to remember why I used to love to run, now I despise it.

Jackie S. said...

You're so funny... I totally feel like you do..there's so much to say and I want to say it "perfectly, witty, deep, etc" and then just don't even put it down. What a great idea...in fact, I think I am going to write down some things on my blog that I want to talk about. :)

Anonymous said...

You said it all perfectly. I didn't even like the book about Edward so I won't be racing off to the movie.I still can't believe the writter is LDS. I also am very proud of Ty and Chels and they are good kids. I'm glad you and Dan got out for some shopping today. Hopefully you will start to enjoy going to the gym.love mom

Anonymous said...

Now I am really feeling bad about turning down the role for Edward when they called me ..... oh well you girls just have to deal with my fill-in. Dan.