Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jean's favorite story

I think I've mentioned on here before that Chelsey tends to cry a lot and can be quite dramatic. Well, she comes by this honestly. I was the same way as a child. I even began to believe that I was a really big wimp... because I cried often. Needless to say, when I was pregnant for the first time I was terrified to give birth.....

After I had Ty I thought I was super mom. I had given birth to a healthy baby boy. I passed on the epidural and didn't have any other drugs for pain. I was so proud of myself. I really thought I could do anything....

One day at the mall I was bouncing my beautiful, baby boy on my hip. Ty was around four months old. I was waiting for my mom to come out of her eye doctor appointment and got to chatting with the receptionist. It turned out the she was newly pregnant and quite afraid of the thought of having a baby. Me, being super mom, reassured her that anything was possible and if I could give birth and have it go so great... so could she. I shared with her my experience of the labor and delivery (she was interested, promise!) and then went on to tell her how the pain is so worth it ... I mean she could clearly see the most adorable baby that I was still bouncing on my hip. I then shared with this nice girl the news that I was expecting again... see, and so soon. Surely, it couldn't have been so bad if I was doing it again.... So picture this, me, standing there, swaying, baby boy perched on hip, preaching about pregnancy and motherhood like the pro that I was.... most likely beaming with pride...

The phone rings bringing our conversation to an end. My mom comes out from her appointment, takes one look at me and says "Andy, what is that all over your shirt?"

You know how when a baby is nursing their poop is bright yellow? Well, there it was all over my shirt.

Now picture this... me standing there, swaying, baby boy perched on hip, preaching about pregnancy and motherhood like the pro that I was with poop all over my shirt, running down my baby's leg and dripping into a puddle onto the floor.

And there I was.... beaming with pride....

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Hahaha, that is so funny! Gotta love those explosive poops. (Not that I've had to take care of any, but I can just imagine) ;)

Jodi Pilling said...

oh my that is a funny story. Definatly one for the memory books. Thanks for sharing :)

Jodi Pilling said...

oh i forgot to mention that I love the NEW look of your blog...SO CUTE!

Rayanna Hogg said...

Love your story... so cute!

missLaura said...

That was too funny Andy. Nothing like a little humble pie or poop in this case.

TinaLaRae said...

That is sooo cute! And I just have to put it out there that when I first seen you commented on my blog I thought we were probably strangers to each other but then I checked out your blog and realized "hey I use to visit teach her when she first moved into the ward." So I just want you to know that I so know who you are and I think you are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Such fond memories. You really are a great Mom. I had a good time yesterday. Glad the kids enjoyed their loot.Love mom

Julie Allred said...

That was so funny I laughed right out loud!! Thx for sharing=)

stone's eye view said...

THAT WAS COMPLETELY AWESOME!!
THANKS FOR THE LAUGH.