Thursday, February 5, 2009

plugging along....

Although you've probably heard me say that I feel like I do the same thing everyday... that's not really the way it is. I don't even know why I say that.

Some days I take Kami to preschool. She seems to enjoy it... sort of. She is quite shy and has a hard time interacting with people. It is heartbreaking to watch because she really wants to be a part of things.. just lacks the confidence to get there. I am hoping it will come with time... and a little more time.

Some days I go to "play group". This is at the church with anywhere from 4 to 15 other moms with babies and toddlers. It is nice to visit with other moms (and when I say visit I mean pulling Paige off of their babies, apologizing for my kids eating all of their child's goldfish crackers, and searching the building for a Kleenex to wipe Natty's snotty nose.

Some days I walk my kids to school. Some days I do not. Last year I walked them and picked them up every day no matter what. This year they are a little bit older and have been loving the independence of walking themselves. When it is warmer out we will probably start picking them up again. I like to see and visit with their teachers regularly ... and the other moms too! Next year Kami will be in Kindergarten and we will walk every day again. I am looking forward to it. Although, Ty and Chels will get out at 11:45 for lunch and Kami will start at 12:15 so I'm not sure how we'll work that...

Some days I work out, other days I don't... and feel guilty all day because I didn't.

Some days I use cloth diapers, other days I don't... and feel guilty all day because I didn't.

Every day I make my bed, clean toilets and tidy Ty's room. I don't do the girls room because it is usually a disaster and I don't have the time to do it all everyday.

Sometimes I think I should be potty training Paige... but how do you potty train a babe who doesn't talk? (she sees the speech pathologist tomorrow!)

Everyday I read to my kids.

Most days I have a nap. I know, I just knocked your socks off. It's called schedule... if you know me well, you know not to call between 1 and 3. Sickening, I know.

Everyday I check my calender continuously to make sure I'm not forgetting something.

Some days I have patience, some days I do not.

Everyday I make a goal to make tomorrow better than today. Some days it works, some days it does not.

5 comments:

Kelli Olsen said...

Isn't being a mom great! I love having your girls at playgroup! I love how much attention Paige pays to Mckenna. Its so sweet!

Sharon said...

Great post, Andy. One thing is sure and that's being a mom is never predictable. I absolutely love that you are able to take a nap each day. You are very smart.

missLaura said...

Lucky nap girl. I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I have been waiting patiently for days to read your posts. It makes my day. Thanks for being you. Love mom

ec said...

i make that last goal everyday too. glad to hear i'm not the only one who doesn't succeed all the time ...