Ty was in the school talent show at the beginning of the month. He displayed his mad hockey skillz in a game of mini-sticks with his good buddy Jamie. I was just glad he got up there and did something and was proud of himself afterwards.
We celebrated Easter by dyeing Eggs and having a hunt. We also took the opportunity to teach our kids why we celebrate Easter by reviewing the story of Jesus' atonement and resurrection. It's always amazing to me how much the kids already know and understand when we teach then from the scriptures.We enjoyed our 4th annual Easter chocolate fondue and a yummy ham dinner after church.
Dan had time off during Spring Break. We were going to go to my parents cabin but decided to stay home where everybody (mainly me) sleeps better in their own beds (and we could watch the hockey playoffs ..... Go Flames Go).
Kami had a her first official 'play-date' with a friend from school. It was awesome to watch them play together and to see Kami with a real friend of her own. Now, she wants her to come over everyday.
We went bowling one day. Dan and Kami got numerous strikes while the rest of us were lucky to bowl a spare here and there. Even Paige got into it. She'd put the bowl at the top of the ramp (the thing to help little kids), run back as far as she could, count to three (" two, wree, two, wree, two, wree") and then take off at a run and hit the ball down the ramp. She loved it and kept everyone else entertained. We had a pizza lunch while we bowled and had to pry Paige's shoes off of her at the end. She thought they were hers to keep.
We also were able to go to Dan's brother Bob and his wife Cheryl's house. They just moved into a great house with an even greater yard. We had a blast roasting hot dogs and my kids had their first s'mores. It was fun to visit with family and for the kids to play with their cousins.
Present:
Life is crazy busy these days. I always thought when Ty, Chels, and Kami were babies that I was so busy and that it would slow down as they got older. However, the complete opposite has happened. We spend our time between dance classes and ball games, Primary meetings and Dan being on-call and working evenings and weekends, cleaning and playing.
Ty and Chelsey started baseball this last week and it is so fun to watch them play. (It's especially fun because they are two of the best players on their team...but you didn't hear it from me! ) Ty has always been good at ball, all the practice with Dan I guess. But this is Chelsey's first year playing, she is really good but not quite confidant yet. She cried after 2/3 of her hits at the first game. I think it's the attention that gets to her.... she says "it's so embarrassing when every body's watching".
Paige is working on being faithful to the porcelain throne. It's actually going quite well. Today was the first real day and she only had one accident. She's pretty excited about it, me? I haven't decided yet. Sometimes I think it's easier to just change a diaper than to chase her around all day. But she loves to be naked so she might as well learn to use the potty.
Kami has secretly been practising riding her bike without her training wheels. She looks forward to the afternoon when the babies are napping and her and I head outside to "practise". I'm not sure she has the strength to do it though, or the weight or something, she just can't seem to stay balanced but we'll continue trying as long as she wants to. She's also been working on learning all of her letters and letter sounds. She is quite a bit farther behind with this that Ty and Chels were (they could both read by her age) but she just hasn't been interested until just recently. I'm hoping to keep working at it over the summer, to prepare he for Kindergarten next year. She's really been struggling with anxiety lately, crying when she goes to preschool and not wanting to go to her class at church, she wont even stay with a babysitter lately. But she's been having some health issues too so I wonder if that's why. The checked her for spina bifida occulta by x-ray which totally stressed her out. She remembered her leg x-rays from last year and was worried she'd have to take her pants off again. Thank goodness she didn't have to this time. Now they want to do an ultrasound to check on some calcification's that could possibly be in her kidney. It's so hard to decide if the trauma from all the tests is worth it.... I'm really struggling with that right now.
Anyways, today was a pretty nice day. I did some spring cleaning, scrubbed the kitchen walls, cupboards, and floor. Then played with the little girls all day. We spent the morning spinning in circles, a game my kids have always called "dizzy-around", finally landing in tangle of arms and legs (and yes, one bare bum, like I said, she's potty training) and warmed ourselves, giggling, squinting in the sunshine that is gladly welcomed through our living room window.

I'm so glad that I get to do that everyday. I don't usually post these sort of entries, saving them for myself in a personal way but it's been so long since I posted that I'll post this... and then I'll never hear complaints to update my blog again.... ;)
6 comments:
great post! I love reading about your everyday life! I feel like my life is so busy with three little one's at home, and like to think its going to slow down when they get older, but deep down I know it won't. I hope everything ends up well for Kami! I use to have a lot of anxiety when I was little too.
Loved reading what you are up to Andrea! You sound fantastic and busy and I think you handle 5 kids beautifully!!
I love reading about the everyday stuff you guys do, and how busy 5 kids keep you. It actually makes me really excited to have my own family :) I love updates on your kids. And I loved the twirling pics, the girls are so cute!
Your blog is So fun to read. You are such a busy mom!! Your little ones are so luck to have you. Looks like you guys had a great little spring break, it's so fun doing new things with kids!! I hope everything goes well with Kami, she is a tuff little girl!
you are one BUSY momma! My little guy just learned to ride without training wheels...he is only 27lbs...and is strong enough, so I think your little girl could do it to. It is great she is so excited to do it...that is 1/2 the battle. Hey where did you get that HUGE shelf in your house? I have been looking for one.
I love to read your posts. It makes me sad to think I haven't seen you guys for awhile. I need to come in for a visit. You are a special woman and mother don't ever forget that. You do a wonderful job with your kids.I love the pic's as usual. Kami is really growing eh!
Post a Comment