Sunday. What a great day. We made it to 9a.m. church not only on time but a few minutes early. I was worried because we have been staying up way too late and sleeping in way too late. The start of school next week is going to be brutal and I am so not ready for it.
We taught Ty and Chels to play Ticket to Ride with us. It's so fun that our kids are getting old enough to play enjoyable games with us (I'm sorry but if I have to play UNO or Memory one. more. time.....). However, we let them stay up to crazy hours of the night to play with us. We may have been using dill pickle chips and nibs to bribe them to stay awake and play the game with us!
Talie has decided that she enjoys nursery again. Hurrah!
We had not one but three seperate groups of great friends drop by to say hello. I love that! We get to have friends over without the stress of having to clean the house before they come. It's really great!
The other night Dan and I watched the movie Evan Almighty. Now, I know the movie is not even close to any sort of doctrine or ideas that we may find in accordance to our L.D.S beliefs (well, the story of Noah's ark maybe) BUT in the movie "God" a.k.a. Morgan Feeman says " do you think that if someone prays for a closer family I give them a closer family or the opportunity to have a closer family?" ....
which in my mind may be pretty close to what the real God probably does. So I've decided I need to change something that I do everyday and have done for many years.....
I'm going to stop praying for patience!
4 comments:
wow what a statement. Just last night I prayed for patience as i often do. I still think I need to. LOL! My lack of patience is immence and I really need all the help I can get! Good for you though for just putting your trust in God to help you get through.
I LOVE Ticket to Ride. We don't own the game...although maybe someday.
andrea. have i told you how happy i am that you're posting again? i love your blog. and you.
see you soon, we hope.
i agree with ec:) i love reading your blog. you just have a way of saying all the things that all us mom's feel in a great, inspiring, and thought provoking way...even if it comes from "evan almighty."
Loved having Paige in class yesterday! Hopefully once school starts and playgroup begins again we'll be able to visit more.
Post a Comment