but it was a good one!
I spent the morning working with Paige on her Valentines' for school. She did a great job! I was worried that it would take us days for her to write her name out on the 26 little cards but she did it! ... and her printing improved so much by the end of it! It was fun chatting with her while she wrote them out. Every time I handed her a card with her "friends" name on it, I said "this one is for so-and-so..." and every time she'd say back... "oh! who's that?!" What a funny little girl.
Natty had a fabulous potty-training day. (Yes, we are still working on that). No accidents!! (and two poops on the potty!)
Lunch time was okay. Less arguing and tattle-taleing than usual. Bonus. I made dinner while the kids were eating so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later. Double Bonus.
Paige went to pre-school, which means I get the afternoon to myself while Natty naps. Two whole hours to myself (almost) to read my book. Total heaven.
The kids were unusually happy when they got home from school. We packed up and hit the pet store to pick up food for Roxy (and check out all the new pets). I was happy that none of the new puppies were as cute as the one we picked...
Dinner was a family favorite. Taco soup. Easy! We had our usual "what was the best thing that happened to you today" conversation. Paige got to hold a chick at school today! Natty got to play with Paige! Kami's day was so great, "everything" was the best. Dan's was dinner. Ty's was dinner. Mine was my hour of reading that I got to do in the afternoon. And sadly, I can't remember what Chelsey said..... I think it had something to do with holding a bunny and a Beagle puppy at the pet store.
The evening was spent making multiplication charts for Ty and Chelsey, reading, trying to find a super-easy brownie recipe to fulfill my chocolate craving (but being too lazy in the end to actually make them), and some of the usual nonsense that happens around here....
Just a regular old day, but great none-the-less.
3 comments:
I love days like these! Your so lucky that Natty still naps!
Dinner was really good (as always!) It is fun to hear what the kids all have to say about their day and it was sooo nice to hear Kami say "everything" instead of her usual, "nothing." Have a good friday - see you later, Dan.
i love these regular posts! yay for natty and potty training. i'm still fooling myself that greta will just magically become potty trained. (i wish)
Post a Comment