Sunday, December 18, 2011

Should have been a party

Our kids should have partied it up with our generous friends last night. (bet they won't offer to babysit again!)

We should have been at dans work Christmas party for longer then an hour last night.

Instead it's been a long night and a long day of buckets, laundry and gravol. Three of the five kids have been throwing up, which unfortunately started at the Bretzkes house, they'd been so kind to watch our kids for us while we went to dans work party. We were just finishing up dinner when we got a text about 4(!) pukes already. Cleaning up your own kids barf is bad enough....

We started a tally so the kid who threw up the most "wins". Chelsey and Talie are tied at 13! But they are feeling quite a bit better tonight so hopefully tonight is a better night than last.

We spent the day watching Christmas movies, sleeping, laying around, and played a few games of Disney trivial pursuit.

I've been trying to teach myself to play the guitar, I'm really enjoying it! It's something I've always wanted to learn. My finger tips are killing me and it sounds passable at best but it's alot of fun!

Oh! And I'm blogging from my phone. I'm even going to attempt a picture.

4 comments:

cc said...

Love the picture! Sorry your all sick...get better soon :)

Alana said...

I hate having sick kids too! I hope everyone's feeling better though so you can enjoy Christmas!
Good luck with the guitar thing...I tried teaching myself too (and remember the sore fingers) but my "lessons" were interrupted by kids joining our family! Maybe one day I'll pick it up again. I think you should stick with it though...I'll buy your first single!

Chelsea Belle said...

It WAS party! a MEMORABLE night if nothing else. I was SUPER impressed by your kids and their nurturing and pulling together, being so concerned for each other...so cute! It was interesting how "fun" it was... and FOR SURE we want to babysit them again! TY hasta try and beat McKye at kinex boxing! (in fact the can come over WHENEVER,...because I really would rathe NOT play with McKye all day long!)
I'm just sorry you guys didn't get your whole party in. Tallie totally reached her, I just need my mamma point.

Anonymous said...

Sad!! That is so not fun for anyone. If Chels needs to just get better, let me know and we can do the piano lesson another time or just go for after Christmas... :)