We found this little rooster at the thrift store the other day. The plan is to paint him yellow or green. Then to let him live out the rest of his days fulfilling his duties as a ceramic animal, atop my kitchen cupboards.
That is-- if I can convince Paige to give him up. She has spent the last three days playing with 'him'. She really loves the "chicken" and has kept me busy googling rooster facts to answer all of her many questions on the proper care of roosters.
This furthers my belief that I could throw away all of the toys in my house and my kids wouldn't notice.
Natty spent a whole morning playing with rolls of toilet paper. Seriously, hours.
We've spent all day working our way through a roll of masking tape and coming up with all sorts of fun things to do with it.
And a three dollar ceramic rooster has provided endless ours of fun. Wait, maybe it's a turkey....??!! I better go back to google. Thanks goodness for technology..... And I'm blogging from my phone while comfortably curled up in my favorite chair.


3 comments:
I did notice "him". You Salmon's just know how to welcome things in and love em!
Um , I think he toilet paper and masking tape pictures need added too!
Ha ha ha...it looks huge in the first pic, but now I see it's the perfect little size for Paige to love! So cute.
So awesome -- and I agree on the toy front... We successfully cleared out half the kids toys over a week ago, and they haven't noticed/asked about anything yet!! :)
Post a Comment