Tuesday, June 19, 2012

almost done

Another year of school almost finished.

Just as quickly (if not more so) as all the others. My eldest headed off to middle school in the fall. My littlest will enjoy her last year at home.

But we've had enough. Enough already!

Why must June be so busy? I think it's worse than December. Actually, it definitely is.

Today I drove the Grade 2's to the swimming pool. Natty and I killed an hour at the library with friends until pick up time, then back to the school to drop off and pick up Paige. As I made my rounds (the school is sort of in a circle) peeking into all of my children's classrooms I decided they have had enough.

And so have I.

I signed them all out in the office book.... avoiding the curious stare of the secretary.

I lied.

I wrote "an appointment" in the reason line.

We all went for lunch.

Then we came home and put on pajamas. We watched two whole movies back to back while it rained and thundered in the background. Natty slept beside me on the couch. We all laughed (and I think most of us cried too).

At four o'clock I got up and cleaned the house and made dinner.

Then it was back to our schedule.

Today was a nice break. But we are almost really done.

5 comments:

Julie Lybbert said...

Awesome!! We are pretty much done too! (My kids have been playing some hooky as well, except for the high school kids who only have exams left.) :-)

Jill said...

This is the awesomest thing ever! Having my mom as the hs secretary, I really wish I could have played hooky a little more (...more than the one single time I did and got caught by my entire biology class and mr. jensen haha).

What a fun mom you are!

Kelli Olsen said...

The kids must have loved that! We are done with school too. And I agree. June is way busier then December.

Chelsea Belle said...

We get very limited days of nice weather in this country of our, wasting them in school is just silly!

Ya for hooky!

Alana said...

That's awesome! You're the best mom ever!