Monday, October 8, 2012

Summer 2012 Top Ten

1. Playing in the Raymond Family Ball Tournament. It's always fun to see all of our Salmon cousins and go to the parade and Aunt June's house for lunch. One of the highlights of our summer every year for sure.
2. We spent a lot of time in one of our fave spots, Waterton. We have a special spot that we go to where we spent hours searching for sea glass. This year we found quite a bit and held contests for "biggest piece" and "best color".

3. We spent a lot of time with friends this summer. We went to the Raymond pool, Park Lake, and Wally's beach numerous times with our friends. It seemed everyday was filled with friends and fun. If I don't need to pack a cooler lunch until next summer, I'd be okay with that. It got old real fast! We are so blessed to have so many great friends so spend our time with.

 4.We got most of the things on our Summer Bucket list done. One of them was watch a sunset. Although we ended up seeing many sunsets throughout the summer, we did make a special trip to the park to watch this one on one of the first nights of summer.
 5. We had a pretty great set-up for jobs and summer goals this year. The kids spent time every day reading, writing, working on goals, and doing some jobs. It was great. They stayed motivated and did a great job throughout the summer. I spent some time on the first day of school when the kids where gone reading through their journals from the summer. I'm so glad they wrote in them and kept a record of the great memories they made.
6. We set up a pool in our backyard. The kids spent a lot of time in it and it was a great "motivator" for them to get their jobs done first thing in the morning.
 7. The time spent at the cabin. Another thing on our bucket list was have a waterballoon target practice. It was so much fun.
 8. Watching Ty play ball hockey at Southern Alberta Summer Games, which were held in Raymond this year. It was so great to spend the days with Aunt June and see her pride in her hometown.

 9. Dickey Lake. It's amazing. We spent a lot of time there and I have a bajillion pictures.We are so lucky to go there so often.
 10. Tie-dyeing. This project kept us busy for a whole day. The kids loved making their shirts.

By the end of summer I was a bit bored of packing lunches and the van to head to the pool or beach. We were all ready for a change and some schedule...... especially me. It was only the last week or so of summer vacation that I looked forward to the kids going back to school.

By the first day, I was ready....

1 comment:

Kelli Olsen said...

Sounds like an incredibly fun summer! We should have hung out with you:)