Tuesday, January 22, 2008

back to basics

Do you ever feel like life could be easy... if only you could find the right seat?

Life in 2008. The world is covered in devastation and ugliness. As we laugh at people trying to sing on TV and marvel over the sad lives of celebrities...life is happening. We sit here in our comfy bubbles of self-deception telling ourselves "that only happens to other people". What really matters? I want my home to be different. How do you balance reality with hope? I want my children to grow up surrounded in happiness. I think I am learning to celebrate the seemingly unimportant things that happen every day. Chelsey cleaned her room yesterday... properly, and let me tell you... we partied, big time. Do you think she'll clean it again when I ask her too, I don't know but I like to think the party worked. Either way, it sure felt good. Paige bit me today. I screamed, she bawled. Then I hugged her, like I never have before (sad, I know). She's just learning and that's okay. So am I. I'm starting over... no more yelling and demanding cleanliness.... what really matters? Happiness... we need to feel it somewhere and I think the home is the perfect place.



I do realize that my baby girls are spitting popcorn kernels in this video, but the giggles were totally worth it.

6 comments:

ec said...

holy!

paige looks so much like ty in that video!

wow.

Anonymous said...

Great post Andy! Starting over and letting go is my theme for 2008. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

soo cute!

Vanessa said...

You are so right. Thanks for the inspiration! Home would be such a better place if we could just remember these things.

Anonymous said...

The giggles made my day!I really needed a laugh. Mom

stone's eye view said...

merci beaucoup!