Friday, February 1, 2008

couple of updates


1) Kami had her follow-up with the pediatrician today. The x-rays and blood tests came back normal so that was good. (her muscle enzymes(?) were a little high but she said that was ok). So, now she is sending her to Dr. Hurdle who is an orthopaedic surgeon to see if he thinks she needs to have a bone scan. She also wonders if Kami may need some braces or special insoles because she is so flat-footed...maybe there is just too much tension on her poor little leg muscles. We'll see what Dr. Hurdle says. We don't even have to wait too long to see him... end of Feb. so that was good. We have been up all night so often with her sore legs lately that I am anxious to find something to help her! Dr Harilal is puzzled as to why her muscle tone is so poor and why she is so little. She weighed in at a whopping 26 lbs today... and she'll be four in March. I think Paige is going to catch her in weight soon...Dan doesn't call her "Pudge" for no reason. So, I feel like we are finally getting somewhere with all of this... after all these years... and all those doctors. Yeah.


2) The toilet phone works!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news to finally get somewhere! Jost weighs 27 pounds, Kami is tiny!

stone's eye view said...

I am glad you are getting somewhere! And dont worry, Enoch wont catch her for a long time!

Anonymous said...

Hey Andy - I am so glad you update this so regularly so I know what is going on at home. It feels as though I have been at work too much lately. It must be this cold snap! Thanks for being so good to the kids and to me. Love you and I'll see you soon. Love, Dan.

P.S. Go Wings!

Anonymous said...

Awe, Dan left a comment! I always tell Woody to leave comments for me but he never does. That was cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that hopefully their going to get this figured out. and I can believe that Kami is only 26 lbs. cause I think Riley is only a pound or so bigger. What the heck!