*On agenda for this month are some of our regular activities, such as: trips to the new playground, the beach, and the spray park; bike riding, walks, playing hockey with friends, etc.
*A few extra ideas that have come from outside contributors are these:
1. Digging for treasure.
2. Weather charting
3. Baking bagel chips to go with home-made yogurt dip. We have also been busy whipping up batches of play-dough (always a hit with my group), crock-pot cakes, and many varieties of muffins.
4. I am lucky to spend my days with an avid bunch of book-lovers, like myself. At any given-time in a day you can find someone curled up in this chair with a book. I have found that if I go through a book before-hand I can make up a checklist of things for them to find (ex. pictures, words, punctuation) . They love checklists.
* We also have planned a trip to The Royal Tyrell Museum, Calaway Park, a high school reunion (yikes) and "Grandma and Grandpa Lou's". I will keep you updated with these events via blog as they play out.
*We are lucky to have in our group a small one who devours attention with coos and smiles that warm the heart. She is the nicest baby I've ever met. Period
4 comments:
you are the best.
love that picture of dan and the little june bug. she is darling.
You are such an amazing mom, way to go girl. Thanks for all the ideas...love the weather chart by the way, of and those ice blocks. Hey you need to post those yummy recipes of those pita chips too and the dip, sounds yummy. I hope you are having a great summer.
Hey I loved all the pictures. We are looking forward to going to Drumheller with you guys and your visit next weekend for Heritage days. I'm so proud of you and the time you spend teaching and entertaining your kids. They are a great bunch of kids. Love Mom
Such cool ideas of things to do to pass the dragging summer along. You are always so inspiring when it comes to children. I just posted some of our pictures from Drumheller on the family site, it was really lots of fun.
Post a Comment