Saturday, August 23, 2008

10. more. days.

School is so great for kids. They learn to read, they learn to be a friend, they learn to listen and respect, and... they are gone.. for most of the day.

10.more.days.

no more "I"m bored", no more "is it too early to see if so-and-so can play", no more "can you make me and my ten friends a snack", no more Popsicle stained clothing....

10.more.days.

I love fall. I love zipping up jackets on my kids. I love watching the kids run down the street to school, listening to the dramatic chatter of seven year olds. I love the smell of crunchy leaves and erasers. I love visiting with other moms at the school. I love routine. I love cool mornings and evenings. I love not shaving my legs every day.

10.more.days.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love this, Andrea! I too am eager for school to get started again. Routine, a couple of days of peace, etc. I just don't want to go back myself. If only the first week the kids were back at school could last forever!

Tiffany said...

I hear ya girl ! Okay maybe not about the school days, my kiddos are still to young, but I LOVE FALL. There is something about the leaves changing color, and the smell of cold air....oh and hoodies. I love hoody weather. I am sure you will be missing your kiddos after a few weeks back to school. Enjoy the moment.

jessk said...

I love this time of year as well. I keep trying to get Mark to let me buy him some school supplies, so that I can live vicariously through him, but he isn't going for it. I love that feeling that is in the air at this time of year. There is so much excitement and joy (for both the parents and the children). Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey I can remember those days. Sad to see you guys going to school, glad to see you home again. It was good for all of us. I'm excited to be able to help watch the little ones while you take the bigger ones to school. I enjoyed our crazy day together yesterday. I hope you remember each day that these are the best days of your life. Love from Mom