Monday, December 1, 2008

been tagged....

book tag. closest book. page 56. 5th sentence, and the next two.

Sleeping Through the Night
by Jodi A. Mindell, Ph. D.

"Although your baby is sleeping many hours, it is only in thirty-minute to four-hour chunks of time. So your desire for an uninterrupted block of six to eight hours of sleep simply won't happen. In the meantime, try to get some sleep and remember: "This too will pass." "

Hmm, perfectly suited for today. A day where I have a mile-long list of things to do and here I sit in my p.j's, with a babe on my hip, and another tracing my toes onto her paper. Natalie is getting to the age where she wants to eat 3 or 4 times a night... I remember this stage with some of my others babies. What a joy.... maybe I should start her on solids? after all, she is over six months old. In a perfect world (to me) a baby would be happy and fulfilled breastfeeding exclusively for the first year of life, and then switch to finger foods and on to bigger and better from there. I am not a fan of the baby food stage.

Kami has been up at night with scary dreams. She has inherited my uncanny knack of making scary shapes out of anything and everything in the dark. Last night the quilt on my bed was a deer head, then a deer tail. She was sure there was a scary deer(?) somewhere in the house on the lookout for her. I was glad it was only a deer that she was afraid of ... it was a little bit funny in the middle of the night. I hate when other people are scared... it freaks me out.

So I guess I should dust off this Sleeping Through the Night Book and check out what it says about 6 month old sleep patterns and scary deer.... and I will definitely heed her advice of "this too shall pass".

To Do: make 5 dozen sugar cookies for Primary Christmas party, glue together 70 stars from Popsicle sticks (also for party), keep plugging away at stockings, laundry day, bake and deliver Amish Friendship Bread, find babysitter for Paige on Thursday, talk to Valiant 11 girls, visit a certain store to get supplies for Christmas presents, make Christmas presents, buy Christmas presents, wrap Christmas presents, get myself to the gym, love my children, and my husband....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you and Kami got such vivid imaginations but it does sound familiar. SORRY!
I laughed my head off. Sorry again.
Keep up all that good work and you will surely be blessed. Love Mom

TinaLaRae said...

I hear ya! I feel as though every day from now until January are filled with so much to do. Good luck with it all!

themccarthys said...

you have a little bit of stuff to do good thing the primary party is over now i hope you feel better