Thursday, January 22, 2009

changes

My life is different than it was... even a short while ago. I used to :

tidy all day long
think about exercising
get distracted from what really matters
not have bangs
think lulu lemon pants were a waste of money
sleep through the night most nights

Now, I spend most mornings working out. This means my house gets neglected.... for the first half of the day. I usually run around and clean up 30 minutes before Dan gets home from work. It really makes no difference in how my house looks at the end of the day... and I feel good.

Now I actually exercise... and I am slowly learning to like it. Although, today I can hardly move without cringing and am not looking forward to tomorrow, maybe I should stretch more....

I read an article about teaching your children how to love reading. About how if they are emotionally attached to reading they will learn to love to read. I've been spending a lot of time reading to my kids again... instead of wanting them to read to me. Ty and Chels are both reading chapter books now and it is so fun to snuggle with them individually and read together, alternating pages. It's amazing how they come running to do their reading now when it is time for just them and me together, and no pressure. If they don't feel like reading.... I do.

I cut bangs, or rather, had some bangs cut for me. It took me a few days to get used to them but I actually like them now.. although I have to plug in my straightener everyday no matter what... no curly bangs for me!

I received lulu lemon pants for Christmas and have worn them for at least part of everyday since... seriously, every day. So worth the money. Well, so worth Dan's money, that is (thanks, Dan!)

And as for sleeping through the night... Natalie spoiled me for the first 6 months of her life. She slept so well, and never cried. Well, she is making up for it now! She is still such a good, happy, and tough (meaning when she falls and bumps her head, she rarely cries) baby. So good. But also, so slobbery, snotty, and rashy (on the bum, poor kid). Teething? Perhaps? Ugh, I wish she would just cut them all and get it over with. She pulls herself up to standing and crawls all over the place... I don't know who she thinks she is... growing up so fast. I'll post some pics of her tomorrow if I have time and my s l o w computer wants to cooperate.

As for the rest of my life at present, Kami still ends up in bed with Dan and I most nights... scared of deer... ? Paige is slowly coming up with new words... or mutterings that sound like new words. She has an assessment with the speech pathologist next month. I am looking forward to that. Today she said two words together for the very first time (without me coaching her). I was changing her diaper and she said "owie poopoos". See, I told you she was smart!

4 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

Good for you! You are amazing.

Jodi Pilling said...

shhh...Hey I have been meaning to ask you where you work out? You are such an inspiration to me...I think that if Andy can do it with 5 kids I should be able to do it with 3...Keep up all the GREAT work!

Jodi Pilling said...

oh I meant to say ahhh at the start of the post...not shhh.LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are learning to stop and smell the roses. Time goes by too fast and soon you won't have little ones to love and cuddle. You are an amazing woman and mother. Love mom