Dinner tonight went just as planned. Good food, good company, good conversation. Nobody whined, nobody cried and nobody said anything rude. It was very enjoyable. Every night at dinner everyone gets a turn to say what the best thing that happened to them that day was. Kami said that the best thing that happened to her was "getting to go to school and go on a field trip"!! Shocking! I did not think I would ever hear her say that she liked school. I am so glad she is enjoying Kindergarten. She has even been walking there with Ty and Chelsey. What a big girl. She has really changed and grown up lately. It's exciting to watch but sad too.
Another thing of note: Chelsey is now into showering every morning like Ty does. It seems to be working okay because it gets her out of bed in the morning without me having to fight with her. She also has been blow drying her own hair afterwards. She had been asking and asking to do it but I just thought there was no way. I finally gave it and just let go and let her do it. She did a good job too. It's just crazy how they are growing up so quickly. I heard her and her friend this morning in the bathroom talking about Chelsey blow drying her hair and her friend asked her if she did it crazy "because that's how you blow dry your hair, you know". I heard something about wearing makeup to school. I had to run away from the door when they came out to ask if they could "borrow" some of my lip gloss to wear.
And lastly my Natty, my baby. She is chatting up a storm saying new words everyday. She is so cute I can hardly stand it but she is such a monster too. I found her up on my kitchen table twice today. I'm also the proud owner of a 5 inch long scratch down my neck that is a bloody looking scab thanks to her. Those perfectly rosy little cheeks and that sweet little toothy grin of hers are totally deceiving. I put my arms out for a hug and she winds up and smacks my face or scratches at me. Too bad she's still totally and undeniably adorable. Honestly, I cannot get enough of her. I'm sure she wonders why the heck I scoop her up and kiss her cheeks over and over again. I'm sure I do it at least 5o times a day. Maybe that explains why she's trying to scratch my eyes out.
3 comments:
haha I love it. Your kids are so funny. Chelsey is the one that kills me. How old is she? Going on 15 maybe? :) S0 cute!
okay ... i'm dying over 2 things:
1. chelsey. what the heck? blow drying her hair? for real? isn't she like 4?
and 2. natty. scratching your eyes out. the last time i saw her she was only months old, right? it's hard to imagine her anything but sweet ... she's a beauty.
They are all totally adorable in their own ways. I have loved spending more time with them and really getting to know them. Tucking them in at night and being called to their rooms 10 times after can be tiring but it's okay cause I'm grandma and only have to do it once in awhile. I loved their birthday wishes.
Post a Comment