On a regular weekday morning at our house:
- 3 alarms go off within 15 minutes, beginning at 7 am
-three people get up, shower, and get dressed for the day.
-the dishwasher gets emptied
-the baby is changed into a fresh diaper
-if the kids need lunches, these are made and packed into backpacks
-breakfast is served, eaten, and cleaned up
It's a pretty busy time. The calender needs to be checked daily to see who needs to wear pyjamas to school and who needs to bring empty toilet paper rolls. It takes at least ten minutes for everyone to find all of their things to take to school including toques, backpacks, and a matching pair of gloves.
And me? Busy mom of five. You'll find me in bed. I roll out of bed around 8 to check on the essential things (like what my kids are wearing to school and Chelsey's hairstyle), and give goodbye kisses to everyone. Dan does everything, every morning while I hide under my warm sheets all. by. myself. And yes, it's one of the best parts of my day. (and yes, I have an awesome husband)
11 comments:
That is the best ever!! My Grandpa used to do that or my grandma. I didn't know there were still men like that around.
for my grandma
Three cheers for Dan!!! A great wife and mother deserves a great husband and father.
um, wow. did he do it when he was out here going to school? i'll tell myself that he didn't ... and that there's still hope for me;)
hats off, dan!
Lucky girl!!! You totally deserve it.
you lazy bum just kidding not very men would do that you are so lucky but dan is so lucky to have you too you are an awsome mom
Wow! I want one too :)
WOW!!!!!! Seriously, wow. Wow.
Go team Dan (and Andy!) I've decided good husbands are like that because they have fabulous wives! You both rock.
Dang it, Dan! You are really ruining things for the rest of us here. I'm pretty sure what you are doing is contrary to "the code". If you keep it up I'm pretty sure they're going to revoke your manhood.
You are really lucky but I know what you do with the rest of your day. Dan is a good guy!
Post a Comment