Saturday, February 6, 2010

trial= try, try again

I vaguely remember earlier this week thinking something like "I really am grateful for my trials." I hear about things that others are going through and I think "wow, that would be so hard. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that".

I guess I get comfortable with my life and take the good and the bad in stride. It's like there's a map of my life already set out in front of me and I'm just along for the ride, trying to do my best. It gets really hard. I never know what the right thing to do is. I'm grateful for the few people who really support me. I'm sorry for the people I've pushed away. I'm sad that Dan has pretty much no support. Never get complacent in life and with where you are and how things are going because just when you do, life throws another curve ball and you get your butt kicked (well, I do anyhow). You know how they say "you're never given more than you can handle?" Well, this is it. It's really more than I can handle.

Today, "my trials" suck. I'd like to trade. Anyone else?

6 comments:

DJ said...

Andy, despite what you are going through I love honest people like you and I hope things look up for you very soon, that both you AND Dan get the support you need and deserve! One thing I have always seen in you is that you are as solid and strong in so many ways and whatever it is that you are facing right now I believe that you are going to make it. In my own life and trials, I think often of the quote/alliteration "Today's Trial is Tomorrow's Testimony". Hang in there, don't give up, keep being 'meek' AND strong and know that you are NOT alone. It's true that we are all facing our own trials whether you want to trade with me or not I'm not so sure but I do hope that you have better days ahead soon.

The Lawlor's said...

I'm there.

I'll be thinking of you and hope things get better.

Say hi to Dan for me. I am still so grateful to him for coming to see us at my Grandpa's funeral. It meant a lot to me to see how much he cares.

Vanessa said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know what you are going through, but I understand when life gets difficult and seems overwhelming, how hard it can be to see past it. You and Dan are so wonderful and I pray that you find your way through.

Anonymous said...

i love you, my life has been crap the past yr, i feel your pain, ever wanna vent let me know, i am always up for it!!!!

Lorraine said...

I know how you feel. I've had a few trials myself. Believe me when I say when you come out the other side and the trial is over that you will be a better person for it. I wish I could make it stop. Their is nothing worse for a Mom than watching your child be hurt. We love you and your family and pray for you always. Pick a day to come to the Temple and I will go with you or babysit. I love you and Dan and your little ones with all my heart.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you -- I have definitely felt at the end of my rope lately... My mom always tells me to tie a knot in it and keep hanging on. There was a really good Ensign article along those lines -- last month I think -- on 'Hold on a little longer'... It's never easy to get through trials, but I hope if you ever need anything that we can help with that you'll call (I'd babysit so you could go to the temple with your mom!). :o) Hope you have a better day soon.