For the last few weeks Paige has been asking me for hot dogs. All the time. I heat one up, carefully slice it and serve it with ketchup. She never eats it. I never ask her to. It is a hot dog, after all. But I'm left wondering why she asked for it in the first place.
Today while I had the fridge door open, Nat reached in and grabbed a tub of yogurt. "Some", she grunts. It's totally clear she wants some yogurt. Paige walks into the kitchen and says "I want some yogurt too!" ...only it sounds something like this "me what a ho-doorg too!".
All this time I've been giving her hot dogs and she hasn't said a thing. Poor, poor Paigie. She wanted yogurt and I gave her hot dogs. It just sounded so much like she was saying "hot dog!"
Now I know. Just like I know that "You a-hie me?" is Paige asking me if I love her.... and just like I know that "ine!" is really "fine!", and that "rami" is "Kami".
I mean really, I'd take yogurt over a hot dog any day. Paige would too. Wouldn't you?
8 comments:
I love it. please post these little stories as often as they actually happen, because they always make my day! Kids are so funny (and so are moms!)
speak issues are so difficult. I found I felt bad alot for not understanding!! You're doing a great job though, and she is lovely.
ha ha ha...too funny. I wish we could have read her little mind when she kept getting hot dogs when she asked for yogurt. And she didn't even throw a fit (my kids would have), what a sweetie!
so funny. I love that she never complained about her hot dog sitting in front of her. Believe me, I would have heard about it if it wasn't what Avery wanted.
poor little paige! but so funny too! what a patient little girl.
i think paige thinks your crazy she probably rolled her eyes at you and just walked away from that hot dog after all who would want a hot dog when they asked for yogurt
Poor Paigey. She is so patient and
easy going at times. She loves attention don't get me wrong but is so grateful for any she gets. I love spending the afternoons with her while Nat sleeps. We always have a great time and lots of laughs.
levi says stuff like that too and sometimes it takes me awhile to figure it out. but actually i would prefer a hot dog over yogurt, campfire cooked...i'm one of those girls.
Post a Comment