I've mentioned before we are a family of nicknames. Each of us have several of them. A few of them started just after Kami was born and includes the older three kids and Dan and I. When everyone has been tucked in the chant begins, it usually starts in Ty's room...
"Goodnight Big D, goodnight Little C, goodnight Special K"
"Goodnight Special K, goodnight Big D, goodnight T-bird"
"Goodnight T-bird, goodnight Little C, goodnight Big D"
If you can tell someone is left out... that would be me (with good reason). For some reason, when we sat around as a family of 5 thinking up this particular set of nicknames for one another.... I didn't really get one.
Sometimes I get a "goodnight Big A" ....lovely, I know. Or when I'm really lucky it's "goodnight Big Mama", and it's always followed by my favorite giggles.
3 comments:
it sounds like the waltons very cute
the goodnight big A made me laugh.
Must feel so complimentary!
That's so fun though that you do that as a family!
Big A is great but I'd get rid of the big MAMA. I can't think of a good one but I'll work on it.
Post a Comment