In the van on the way to Dan's work this morning we were listening to the radio. Paige (who is 4!) put in a request for the song 1,2,3 by Britney Spears. Oops.
Following the discussion about how the radio works and how I don't pick the songs they play, Natty (who is 2!) piped up with her request for a "Justin Bieber song, please! Double oops.
My first thought was "what is this world coming to?!"
My second was "what kind of mother am I?!"
Maybe it's time for me to graduate radio stations and listen to the BBC.
My girls could discuss environmental issues and debate world-wide politics.
Oh, and just for the record, sure enough a Justin Beiber song was played about two minutes after Natty asked.
And you should have heard them singing along at the top of their lungs.
"YOU SMILE, I SMILE!"
5 comments:
One day I was nursing Max and watching tv and Dani asked if she could watch Justin Bieber. I'm like, he's not on right now sorry. A second later he comes on tv and is talking in his teenager raspy voice. Dani says "I like his voice...it sounds like he needs to cough". She thinks she loves him. Yeah, what is this world coming to? I can't believe Natty knows who he is!
Haha...that's hilarious! My kids don't know the names of any artists (that I know of), but sometimes they randomly start singing, "I like to move it move it!" Must have heard it on the radio!
that is SO funny...I love that natty asked for justin bieber...ha ha!
uh oh. I didn't know a two year old could get Bieber Fever...lol. This morning was the second time I saw you drive by us while I was dropping Nate off at school (its on the North side) and I wondered what you were doing driving over there so early in the morning...now I know!
Priceless!!
Post a Comment