Thursday, May 26, 2011

June

Last week Talie turned three. We kept her birthday low key with a picnic at the park and cake at home with some family friends. She was so excited to get presents and although all she really wanted was an iphone she was happy with the gifts she received - a Toy Story umbrella, new water wings, a Justin Bieber hoodie (I know), a bag of veggie straws, Toy Story dishes, and her new clothes from Aunt June.

The big excitement for her birthday was getting to go shopping with her Great Great Aunt June who she is named after (and who really is great). Just Talie and I met up with Aunt June at the mall. The plan was to shop for a new dress for Talie but there were none to be found. We took Talie into a childrens clothing store and she was so funny picking out item she thought were cute and throwing them into her stroller. She was so excited about anything that was blue! or purple! In the end we decided on a cute skirt and top and a short set. Thanks Aunt June!

Afterwards, Aunt June wanted to take us for a treat. Talie requested McDonalds (surprise) so away we went. Aunt June was a bit surprised at Talies energy level, bouncing around the table, running around the restaurant and talking, talking, talking. It was pretty cute to hear their conversation as June would ask Talie questions and Talie would answer then say "I like Aunt June!"

That night, Dan asked Talie about her special trip with Aunt June. Talie said "Dad! We went to McDonalds! -- without you!!

4 comments:

cc said...

SO stinkin' funny that she wanted an iphone...ha ha..and that she got a Justin Bieber hoody! ha ha ha ha...thats the funniest...what a cutie-petootie...sounds like a great birthday!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

at first I was thinking "Andy, it's MAY not June!"
I understand now. I too have a love for Aunt June. I wish I could say I was related to her - she's fabulous. Your baby is 3? That's insane. I keep forgetting our girls are the same age!
P.S. Tell Talie I secretly want a J biebs hoodie too. he rocks.

Alana said...

Ok, that was hilarious! I too love low key birthday parties...although I've never thrown a big one, so who knows! Sounds like she had fun though!

Candace said...

That is such a cute day with Talie. I love this age and the funny things that they say!
Morgan is also in LOVE with Justin Bieber. She knows like all of his songs. I'll have to find a sweater for her to, where did you get one?