We had a lesson about Eternal Marriage today in Relief Society. Whoa. It was totally different than any other lesson I've heard. It was awesome!
It hit me hard in a way that I really needed this week and I had a really hard time not sobbing throughout the whole lesson. I think the teacher noticed I was having a hard time and that the things she was saying were really impressing upon me because she kept looking at me. Which made me want to cry harder.
Bottom line: I made covenants. I promised that I will work as hard as I can to make my marriage eternal. It's not something that is given to me like a gift. But it is something that if I work at it, can be mine. That's been promised to me. No matter how I'm feeling on any certain day (or any certain time of the month....) I need to remember this:
I promised.
And so did He.
http://youtu.be/hkOnH36S_pY
3 comments:
Okay -- Thanks for making me bawl... :) Such a great clip on youtube, and I'm really sad I missed that lesson today! See you tomorrow!
Sounds like a great lesson...thanks for the post:)
For some reason, I've chatted with lots of (for lack of a better word) jittery brides. Every time, I've ended up saying something to the effect of: LOVE is a CHOICE.
That's why marriage is scary cuz you choose. And then you just choose everyday to keep loving, cuz you're exactly right, we choose to PROMISE.
To commit. To covenant. Not just on the easy days. But everyday.
You're the best Andrea. Just love you to pieces. Love how this blog lets me into your brilliant mind, and beautiful spirit!
Post a Comment