Then I read all the blogs I like to read that had been conveniently updated.
Then I read through some of my old blog posts.
Then I checked out facebook (again).
Then I almost got sucked into pinterest.
I checked in to my library account to renew a book.
And here I am again.
I used to live my days around my blog... taking pictures of this or that so that I could blog about it later. I used to have extra posts to publish on any given day because I had so many thoughts bumbling about in my head that I liked to write out on my blog. I still think about blogging but just never do it.
Now I just can't seem to blog. Brain freeze. Writers block. Laziness.
But I'm mad about it! I love that in the past I've blogged things that I now won't forget.
We have had an great week. Dan and I got to spend the weekend celebrating his 35th birthday at the cabin. Just us and eleven movies. It was really great to spend uninterrupted time together with absolutely no obligations or plans or anything we had to do. We did take one trip to Kalispell for a tiny bit of shopping and some dinner. It's funny how great we get along and how we didn't argue once without kids around....
Tuesday and Wednesday I was still watching my friends little boy, Will. On Tuesday morning I went to the hospital to visit Jodi who was in peds with Marlie. Two hours flew by like nothing and I realized how badly I really miss my old neighbour. We made a promise to talk at least once a week.
In the afternoon we headed over to play with the Bretzke's. It's so nice to get out of the house and away from the same old routine for a while. I love having so many great friends and kids to spend our time with.
Tuesday night I got together with Crystal and Melissa to make some decorations to decorate Chelsea's house for her thirtieth birthday. It was very fun and very cold. The whole time we were making decorations we were feeling bad that Chels wasn't there with us to enjoy our conversation and laughs.
On Wednesday Crystal, Melissa, Tarilyn, Adrienne, Erin and Chelsea (and all the kids!) came over for a birthday brunch and to play. It was fun and loud and crazy. I love having people over so I can ignore cleaning and laundry.
Wednesday night we headed out to Cheesecake Cafe with a group of girls to celebrate again. It was more fun than I've had in a while. So much fun. Except for the fact that I stunk like burnt wheat bear, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. (Paige put her little wheat filled bear in the microwave for a little too long. Dan found it when smoke was pouring out of the kitchen. Our microwave seems to have survived (the bear did.not.)and our house has smelled pretty bad for the last couple of days).
Thursday, Shaunie and her little Nixon came in. We swam and had lunch at Costco. Then came back here to play. The kids got into the party stuff from the night before and wore the party hats on their head sideways over one eye. Not sure why but there was no other way. (that's my something funny).
Tomorrow, you'll get to hear about my favorite color. Any guesses on what that might be?


4 comments:
my first guess is blue, my second guess is red...
yep i guess blue too. sounds like a fun week with lots of friends. tell me the next time you guys go swimming!
and how does your book club work? how does everyone get the same copy of the same book at the same time? buy it or?
:)
and I'm pretty sure it's blue/green because "it's the prettiest"...that's just a random guess though, LOL
It WAS a busy week o'fun wasn't it!!!
My body is starting to protest too, but with such good times to be had who can say no!
friends are just the best!!
Post a Comment