Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 8 - Favorite Color

I really love blue. It's refreshing. It's clean. It's cool. It makes me feel good.


I love green for all the same reasons.
I have a lot of this color painted on my walls. It's called Wheeling Neutral. It's okay. When we moved here I bought a pillow sham from Pottery Barn that I loved. In the magazine that I saw it in, it was on a beige colored couch with blue wall behind it. I loved it. I took the sham to see "my paint girl" at Benjamin Moore. She said there was no way I could paint my whole house blue. She set me up with five different paint chips. I liked them. I used them all. Over time we've painted over the green and the red with blue. It's actually grey but with my south facing windows looks pretty blue. This is the color. It's the exact color from the sham and that was in the magazine.





Now I want to get rid of the rest of the beige. I really love white but am scared to paint my whole house white afraid it will look to "rental-ly". So I went back and saw my "paint girl". She suggested this color.



I like it. Dan likes it. It's going up. Hopefully soon. I am a little afraid of how it will look next to the darker grey.But it's only paint right? I'm really hoping it will give me the light, airy, fresh feel I am looking for.



Mostly, I just love colors that make me feel good.


And I really love blue.

2 comments:

Chelsea Belle said...

I would love to eliminate all the "it's okay" beige in my hose too. Unfortunately my hubby's not quite as game to paint, and like your houes there's very few clear stopping points. I'd really like to do my playroom yellow and white. Adn my kitchen blue too. It really is the best. No wonder good made the sky adn ocean blue...maybe it's His favorite color too.

PS LOVE that forget me not photo. I may hafta steal it!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who's whole house is blue.... and it looks GREAT!She was a bit nervous to try it, having always done the neutral thing previously. She gets lots of compliments on it. I think it looks good with everything else she's got going on. Some people are born decorators..... I am not!
Signed, Blueberry