Dan even let the girls borrow his Smurf pez so they would have something to display.
Ty with his eggs. He was lucky to have only one egg break throughout the whole day. When I went into the gym at the end of the day there was definitely a vinegar-y smell in the air. I wonder if anybody else used vinegar or it the smell was all from Ty's project!?
These two cuties who keep me busy all day. What is better than waking up from an afternoon nap and getting to lick the beaters clean?
For some reason, starting in the afternoon, I had a hard time keeping my patience in check. I'm blaming the wind but truly I don't know what it was. I just felt on edge the whole afternoon. It may have had something to do with Natalie dumping a whole bottle of ranch on the floor and her and Paige painting the dog with it.... maybe. Or that she was continuously escaping out the front door with no shoes or coat to explore the neighbourhood (again with the dog).
If swearing offends you, don't read this next part.
Since we've gotten Roxy we've talked a lot about dogs... different breeds, etc.
Today, Dan got a ride home from his cousin who happened to have his little dog with him for the ride. We were standing at the window when they pulled up and the kids noticed the dog right away.
Kami asked (in her sweet, completely innocent voice, with her nose scrunched adorably) "Is that one of those sh*t dogs?" I tried to quickly correct her with the correct term of shih tzu but was dying laughing at the same time. Only Kami could get away with that!
So anyway, after a crazy morning and a prayerful afternoon (of trying to stay sane and keep my patience, and to stop yelling) the evening was awesome.
We had my favorite dinner of Curry in a Hurry. My family helped get it all cleaned up. I layed and played on my bed with Kami for while (reading, tickling, joke-telling, and resting), did some easy crafts with Paige and gathered for family prayer and hugs. A perfect ending to a not-so perfect day. But really, I probably wouldn't have appreciated all the good little things this evening if the whole day had been bliss, right?
4 comments:
We had curry last night too! :) I can totally relate to the lack of patience that comes out of nowhere -- I felt the same way yesterday... like I'd been doing so well and then all of a sudden the rug was pulled out from under me. Thank goodness kids are so forgiving!
exactly. crappy days make the norm feel so much more awesome.
Right! :-) The kids' projects look awesome. I second Melissa - it's a good thing kids are forgiving. :-)
I can just hear Kami commenting on the dog. I laughed my head off. Your day reminds me of the days when you guys were young. I always tried to hold it together but didn't always make it. You need to remember these days as the best days of your life.
Post a Comment