While nothing especially exciting happened today it was still a pretty great day.
On Monday's Talie and I go to a Sing, Sign, Laugh and Learn class that our friend puts on at the church.h xxxx CFO Talie loves going! She loves the songs, dancing, shaking her shaker and tapping her sticks. So this morning we went to that. It really is the highlight of Talie's week and I love watching her enjoy it so much.
After 'music class', we ran downtown to meet Robert with a few things my mom forgot here last week. Talie loved seeing Grandpa at 'his work' and always brags to the other kids when we go there that she has "been there the most".
The fave lunch of late has been grilled cheese. The kids are all really into it right now. Paired with cucumber of course.
Paige got to go to a friends house to play after school so the afternoon was spent quietly. I studied my scriptures while Talie colored at the table beside me, played play-dough and watched part of a movie.
After school is a blur as usual. Supper was already in the crock pot so I'm not sure what I spent my time doing then. Talking to my mom on the phone maybe?
Dinner was Paige's favorite. Rosie Mo's Chicken and Rice. We missed Dad at dinner but are so grateful to have a dad/husband who has a good job and is a hard worker. Seriously.
After dinner the kids and I set up Christmas Tree number two. Decided which one we could give to a family who needs a tree this year. Enjoyed some amazing carolers at the door. Read from the Friend. Watched two Christmas Mormon Messages. Endured many mini-meltdowns. And finally cheered when Daddy made it home from work to help decorate the tree.... again. We enjoyed treats brought by carolers (Thanks Atwoods!!). Chelsey read with Kami. Ty did his homework. I did dishes. Dan put three girls to bed. I rocked one to sleep. Ty went to bed. I'm blogging. Dan's vegging in front of the T.V. which he more than deserves after a crazy weekend of work and a busy Monday.
The house is warm and cozy. I wore yoga pants all day. I found a receipt that I have been searching (and searching) for.
These are the kind of days that I realize how grateful I am to be here. In my life. Right now. I love that I get to stay home with my kids. I love that I get to sleep beside a great guy. I love that I have these days to remind me that the days of being pushed out of bed in the middle of the night by two sleepy little girls are short.
Goodnight.
2 comments:
Thankful for kids pushing you outta bed? I'll take gratitude lessons form you any day!
Thankfulness is contagious though, you recognize your thankful for one thing and suddenly you feel thankful for EVERYTHING!
Good to hear all is going well with the Salmon's! We sure miss you guys and 10th ward.
Post a Comment