...or people.
I'm so blessed. (I know, I'm a broken record).
I go to church every Sunday and get to listen to amazing people. They teach me through their life's experiences. They teach me about the scriptures. They expand my knowledge of the gospel. The make me feel loved. They motivate me to be a better person.
Most importantly, they give me hope. Hope that I can be better, and do better. Yes, I need that every single week. Desperately.
Today we talked about charity. But in a totally new way. In short, the lesson was amazing. I thought a lot about how I spend my time; about how "available" I am; about my intentions; about who I want to be; about all of the so-many-things I could and should be doing so much better than I do.
And then when I'm finished silently berating myself, I vow to do it.
To try so much harder this week to be the person I know is stuck deep, down inside of me. Maybe buried underneath a massive pile of laundry, stuck on a tiny lip of resentment. Maybe it's excused with a night too fast turned into morning, or feelings of self-pity because "when was the last time somebody did something nice for me?"
After a week of no school, a great family holiday and many hours spent "hanging out" with my kids, I'm ready for a new week. A week with no mistakes yet made. I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ. That because of Him I can start all over today and make my life what I want it to be. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. For the things that I learned from them today. Did you know that Bruce R. McConkie wrote the chapter headings in the scriptures? I didn't! But I sure love that he did!
I am inspired.
And if I try real hard, maybe one day..... I can give back a little, and inspire somebody else.
1 comment:
Ahhh berating..can I couldn't it as one of my talents????
Okay so I almost called you a bunch of times yesterday cause I wanted you to know that YOU are one of the "available"s in my life. Someone there willing to listen to me complain (again) or look at my kids like they are worthy of love AND liking, available to distract me through the hours I'd rather NOT make dinner, available as a CONSTANT example of what I wanna be. What I HOPE to be! So I can keep trying.
Post a Comment